The Family Visa System

Suppose you have just become a U.S. citizen, or that you are a lawful permanent resident. Also suppose you have family back in your home country. How can you help them become residents of the United States?

United States citizens and lawful permanent residents can sponsor certain family members in order for them to become residents of the United States. It is a two-step process. The first step is to file a family visa petition. The second step is to file an application for the family member to become a lawful permanent resident.

The form that starts the process is the visa petition, which is Form I-130 entitled "Petition for Alien Relative". Only a United States citizen or permanent resident can file a visa petition on behalf of a family member.


Work Visas  
Political Asylum  
Labor Certification  
Family Immigration  
Deportation Defense  
Investor Visas  
TN Visas  

Contact us  
About us  
(page 1 of 4)
top next page → Unauthorized use prohibited by law.
© 2018 Penguin Flight Dynamics